Monday, June 25, 2012

Eatventful Weekend

It's quite evident that all I know & love is anything + everything related to food. And why not? Food is our common ground, a universal experience. There probably are not enough words in our vocabulary for me to formulate into a series of sentences to even begin to reiterate my passion of fulfilling my epicurean fantasies.

Lady, oh lady, if I had a silver dollar for every, "What do you like to eat?" , "Where do you like to eat?", "Where'd you get that?", I'd have a nice little chunk of change (or, most likely, in my case, find the closest eatery and have a grub fest. Don't judge me.) My reply: I like simple food made well w/ subtle hints of complexity. You can just imagine the bewildered, puzzling expressions.
Any and all free time I utilize chasing the thrill of where I'd like my next meal to be from as if it were my Last Supper. Oh, I know. I like living on the edge. May it be a food truck...a new eatery..standard fare.. but, on this edition of weekend pimpin' consisted of: two pop-up restaurants & one of my current guilty pleasures.

Get your napkins ready as I get my Bourdain on.

Arnold Palmer sippin' & late-afternoon brunchin' from Baton Rouge's best burger + housemade links meals on wheels, Curbside Truck popping up on the backstreets of NOLA.Going with the obvious choice, behold, the Naq Attaque (gruyere / swiss / pancetta / caramelized sweet red onions in a thyme infused beef broth) paired in a combo with parm, truffle frites, of course. I sure did order dos!

Off to Saturday evening adventures en route to Root for apéritifs and light bites.



(dress: asos, statement bauble: Fifteen22 Boutique , handmade clutch: Rachel Elizabeth Style)


(Amuse bouche compliments of the chef: grilled peaches & blueberries w/ pickled sweet pepper gelee)



Ménage à Foie
(Foie gras prepared three ways: dippin' dots w/ pineapples w/ chilled coconut, lychee compote/ cotton candy w/ foie center dusted w/ watermelon Pop-Rocks + seared w/ rye bread bacon. Dies.)


Feed your soul.



Sundays are made for the lazy pants & fam bam style meals. 
In addition to the  ongoing pattern  of speakeasy-esque eateries, a late afternoon walk through the streets of the Bywater/ Marigny 'hood when finally sashaying through the aromatic doors of much buzzed about Filipino pop up, Milkfish.
The fragrant trails of garlic & savory perfume down the block encaptures your sense of smell will hold you hostage. Ahhh! The sights & tastes close to my Filipino roots.
Nostalgia in one one sitting.

Milkfish takes place every Sunday at Marie's on  the corner of Burgundy & St. Roch.

(much-coveted maxi skirt: Fifteen22Boutique, crop top: XXI, random clutch for $25!)

Holy housemade longanisa sliders!
 (by Chef Adolfo Garcia)

Sig sig

Though, Milkfish's menu covers the standard Filipino fare inluding lumpia, spam fried rice, halo-halo, and kare-kare (all exceptional, mind you). These sliders and spicy,citrus-packed stew are beyond stellar!
Masarap! Thanks Chef Christina & crew for an out-of-this-world service!

From the backstreets...to the cobblestones of downtown...the uprising walks of new life in the Bywater/Marigny 'hood...all the way down to the bayou as I hail my canoe, I bid you adieu. Ya know how we do!

2 comments:

  1. that hot pink ensem is way gorg!!! i love rachel's designs. great post!!

    xoxo

    chaptertwentynine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! Loving your last post, as well. Keep the cutesies comin'!

      Delete